Nov 24, 2004

Firefox!!

Is it just me or is Mozilla Firefox really taking off as a browser? It is now accounting for about 1/2 of the hits on this site even though on Nov 1 it apparently only had a 6% share of the browser market.

I downloaded it myself last week and am generally impressed. I really like the FoxyTunes extension, tabbed windows and general clean feel of it. I guess Firefox is mainly popular with developers and bloggers now but I would say being popular with that group could lead to bigger things.

I have not heard anyone in the markets mention this product. Lots of focus on Google's desktop search and whether Google was going to launch a browser but Firefox has apparently slid under the radar. Given the short time it takes to download a new browser, this could potentially create quite a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment