Nov 3, 2004

Elvis has left the building

It now appears that Senator Kerry is in a much weaker position than Al Gore was 4 short years ago. The vote difference is wider and (so far) there do not seem to be as many complaints about the process. The futures weakened from my early AM post but are now clawing back those gains and will probably soar as they are above the Oct highs. For my part I will continue selling longs into it but will wait until after at least 11 AM to do so.

Better trading opportunities are outside of equities for me. I did not feel that the election uncertainty or a possible Kerry victory was pressuring the market so it is difficult for me to have faith in the rally. The trading environment should remain the same with plenty of big swings around any trend that emerges.


No comments:

Post a Comment